{  Dining Out  }          {  Ingredients  }          {  Recipes  }          {  Blast from the Past  }            

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sneak Peek: My Obsession with Shells

Growing up near the Pacific Coast meant we spent a lot of time picking up and collecting shells. Being a collector (aka hoarder) means that I still have almost all of these shells. The summer Pottery Barn catalog features shells, coral, and starfish, which has me remembering those walks on the beach.

After seeing the collection of books Abbey of Aesthetic Outburst has and the places around her house where they were stashed, I took a look around our apartment and realized I'd also split my collections across multiple rooms. I even discovered one of my art pieces even has shells in it!
Fantastical Shells
Shells in our artwork

The idea for a new semi-regular feature was born - Around Our Home. The first of which would feature my shell collection.

In addition to finding shells in all sorts of places - linen closets, bookshelves, cubby holes - I also discovered that my housekeeping skills need a little work. As I was walking around our house getting ready to photograph all the places I tucked shells, I realized I needed to dust and clean first.

Dirty Little Secret

Check back tomorrow afternoon for our first Around Our Home post and see my shell collection (and our clean apartment).

Credits: All images taken by Eden Hensley Silverstein for Recipes for the Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...