{  Dining Out  }          {  Ingredients  }          {  Recipes  }          {  Blast from the Past  }            

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I Crave: The Perfect Cocktail

Last night I tried a restaurant's signature drink - The ChinChin Bloody Mary, a version of a Bloody Mary. The drink that arrived on my table didn't match its description. It was spicy but plain. I was expecting something more like this drink from Skate's on the Bay.
Bloody Mary

When I dine alone I people watch. Last night I was fascinated by the drinks, specifically their lack of style. None were adorned with lemon or orange twists, with mint leaves, or cherries. I've gotten spoiled by the San Francisco bartenders who concoct wonders such as these.
Drinks at The Bar
from Range
IMG_1219
from Luce

One local bar that I'll miss when we move is The Orbit Room, specifically their Blood and Sand cocktail, one of the few drinks that includes Scotch.

Where's your favorite local bar? What's your favorite cocktail?

Bon Apetit!
Eden
 
Credits: All images taken by Eden Hensley Silverstein for Recipes for the Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...